Alternating use of Wireless keyboard on 2 systems?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by redhat84, May 31, 2014.

1. redhat84 macrumors newbie

Cheerio,

i asked myself if it's possible to alternatively use my Apple Wireless Keyboard on 2 systems (not simultaneously).

Why am i asking? I am planning to build a nice windows rig for gaming purposes only. Therefore i'd go for a little USB Bluetooth dongle to connect the keyboard with the windows machine (no onboard Bluetooth).

Do you think i can easily switch between the two devices (even if it's not very comfy) or am i missing something? For me, the worse solution is a second keyboard...

Thanks for your hints in advance!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe you'll have to pair it to each system every time you switch it, I could be wrong but I've run into issues similar to that when using the Magic Mouse on two different systems

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Logitech makes a couple of Apple-styled wireless keyboards that are designed to pair with multiple systems, & switch back and forth easily. It's rather cumbersome to do with the Apple keyboard.

4. redhat84 thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered a second keyboard now - seems to be the best solution. Thanks for the hints, they confirmed my thoughts.