alternative browsers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by debudebu, Mar 31, 2010.

1. debudebu macrumors regular

Has anyone heard any news of a safari alternative on the Ipad?

I'd like to be able to set background colors to something other than stark white with a different browser, app, userstyles.org type add-in. As far as I know Safari doesn't you to change background setting right? At least it doesn't on my Iphone...

2. debudebu thread starter macrumors regular

cool, it allows background color customization? did a quick goog search and saw conflicting info..

3. debudebu thread starter macrumors regular

As far as I can tell Opera mini was just submitted to the app store, does anyone have news/opinions on it being accepted?

4. bossxii macrumors 68000

Not as of yet. No clue if Apple will allow it or not, it may fall under the "duplicates an native Apple app" and get lost in the back room, that no one ever checks again...

5. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

if you want to customize, the ipad is not for you.

6. debudebu thread starter macrumors regular

yeah that's what I'm afraid of, it's just the minor detail of the background color of Webpages I want to customize though. Seems crazy with all the capabilities of new gadgets I can't do this.

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can't customize it because Apple doesn't want you to, not due to a shortcoming of technical know-how.

8. diabolic macrumors 68000

When you think about it, web designers put certain background colors in for a reason. If it really bothers you, you can always invert the page for white on black. It works on the iPhone and OSX.

9. debudebu thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I know they like to keep it closed and secure. It's actually for a medical condition I have with my eye that makes it hard to look at the stark white backgrounds. I wasn't aware you could invert the setting on the Iphone, off to go check that now. thanks

10. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Settings -> General -> Accessibility - iPad is reported to have the same function.

11. diabolic macrumors 68000

It's in Accessibility. You can set it so triple-clicking HOME inverts the display.

12. debudebu thread starter macrumors regular

I'd clicked that setting before but didn't like how it flipped the Springboard colors to white background. Safari (which I'd never opened after changing this setting) looks how I like though. thanks