Alternative Camera app

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by angel76ph, Mar 22, 2014.

1. angel76ph macrumors member

angel76ph

Hi there.

I currently own an iPhone 5C and i love it. I also like taking photos.

My question is are there any good free (or paid) camera apps that can do more or has more in-built settings (like image stabilisation/anti-shake, burst mode, HDR+, etc) so i can maximise my hobby and the iPhone camera?

Pls advice.

Thanks.

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

camera+ is pretty popular, i used to use that.

3. angel76ph thread starter macrumors member

angel76ph

I can see its pretty popular on the App store.

But, is this still the one you use?

4. Terence993 macrumors newbie

I use Pureshot since a few months and I think it's a good alternative when you want to have a good Night Mode and a great HDR tool.

5. angel76ph thread starter macrumors member

angel76ph

Well, as i said i would like a bit more settings and options. More than a basic Camera app but just short of being an expert. Nothing too fancy.

It would be nice as well if the photo i have taken have sharing options more than just the usual Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Email like what the iPhone have.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

I've been using Camera+ since about the time it came out and it works wonders. The team is also very supportive and helpful.

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Most of my photography buddies who own an iPhone use Camera+. I downloaded this month and I really like it. I thought it was gonna be like some Instagram type filters. But you can do a lot of editing. There is an Auto correct, Auto Flash, Clarity which seems to sharpen your image. Adjusting the White Balance, Tint, etc.

One of the features I like in Camera+ is that you can have the flash on before taking the photo. With the 5c the flash will fire more in low light vs 5s. Also with Camera+ you don't have to pinch to zoom. You just use your thumb to slide in and out to zoom. So you can one hand it (pinch to zoom).

I had a couple others that I got for free from Starbucks that were using filters or brushes to edit your photos like FX Photo Studio and Repix.

Big Lens I also got with Starbucks free App download. This has a lot of filters that blur the background. You can change your Aperture from f/1.8-3.5.

8. silvermoon macrumors newbie