Alternative Camera app

angel76ph

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Hi there.

I currently own an iPhone 5C and i love it. I also like taking photos.

My question is are there any good free (or paid) camera apps that can do more or has more in-built settings (like image stabilisation/anti-shake, burst mode, HDR+, etc) so i can maximise my hobby and the iPhone camera?

Pls advice.

Thanks.

Terence993

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2013
I use Pureshot since a few months and I think it's a good alternative when you want to have a good Night Mode and a great HDR tool.

angel76ph

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Well, as i said i would like a bit more settings and options. More than a basic Camera app but just short of being an expert. Nothing too fancy.

It would be nice as well if the photo i have taken have sharing options more than just the usual Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Email like what the iPhone have.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I've been using Camera+ since about the time it came out and it works wonders. The team is also very supportive and helpful.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Most of my photography buddies who own an iPhone use Camera+. I downloaded this month and I really like it. I thought it was gonna be like some Instagram type filters. But you can do a lot of editing. There is an Auto correct, Auto Flash, Clarity which seems to sharpen your image. Adjusting the White Balance, Tint, etc.

One of the features I like in Camera+ is that you can have the flash on before taking the photo. With the 5c the flash will fire more in low light vs 5s. Also with Camera+ you don't have to pinch to zoom. You just use your thumb to slide in and out to zoom. So you can one hand it (pinch to zoom).

I had a couple others that I got for free from Starbucks that were using filters or brushes to edit your photos like FX Photo Studio and Repix.

Big Lens I also got with Starbucks free App download. This has a lot of filters that blur the background. You can change your Aperture from f/1.8-3.5.