Alternative for iTunes; Windows OS

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by robdam1001, Jan 18, 2012.

1. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Any recommendations for a free or paid alternative to iTunes would be greatly appreciated. Looking to manage music on a pc and sync to iPhone & iPad. Thx.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why not iTunes, since it's probably the best app for the job?

3. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Do you have lots of 24/96 files? I can't see any other reason to use something else unless you want high quality parametric EQs and whatnot. Even then, iTunes is what you use to sync to your iDevices.

4. jeremyshaw macrumors 6502

CopyTrans used to work on my old iPod touch 1G, but I haven't used it in ages.

5. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

WinAmp allows you to manage music, but not video, podcasts and audiobooks (unless downloaded in a readable audio file, which would get added as a song), apps, or settings.

6. robdam1001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just looking for an alternative music manager. iTunes tends to not transfer songs here and there to my iPhone/iPad even though the song is in a synced playlist. Just testing the "music manager" waters so to speak. And why all the !exclamation! Points on songs for no rhyme or reason?

7. jeremyshaw macrumors 6502

Typically means the file is not where iTunes thinks it is, and therefore, cannot be found.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The exclamation marks indicate the underlying music file can't be located. This can happen when you delete or move music files or if they're located on a drive that isn't mounted at the time you launch iTunes. Before you look for another app, why not look for resolutions to issues you're having?

9. robdam1001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Or for no reason at all, lol.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, not for no reason. If you take the time to troubleshoot problems, you'll find that they're usually not caused by the app itself, but by user error or other factors.

11. rccola70 macrumors regular

12. robdam1001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not here to argue that fact. Just looking for info on an iTunes alternative. Thanks.

----------

Nice. Have you ever tried doubletwist?