Alternative for iTunes; Windows OS

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Any recommendations for a free or paid alternative to iTunes would be greatly appreciated. Looking to manage music on a pc and sync to iPhone & iPad. Thx.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Any recommendations for a free or paid alternative to iTunes would be greatly appreciated. Looking to manage music on a pc and sync to iPhone & iPad. Thx.
Why not iTunes, since it's probably the best app for the job?

Comment

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
Do you have lots of 24/96 files? I can't see any other reason to use something else unless you want high quality parametric EQs and whatnot. Even then, iTunes is what you use to sync to your iDevices.

Comment

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
WinAmp allows you to manage music, but not video, podcasts and audiobooks (unless downloaded in a readable audio file, which would get added as a song), apps, or settings.

Comment

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Just looking for an alternative music manager. iTunes tends to not transfer songs here and there to my iPhone/iPad even though the song is in a synced playlist. Just testing the "music manager" waters so to speak. And why all the !exclamation! Points on songs for no rhyme or reason?

Comment

jeremyshaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
Just looking for an alternative music manager. iTunes tends to not transfer songs here and there to my iPhone/iPad even though the song is in a synced playlist. Just testing the "music manager" waters so to speak. And why all the !exclamation! Points on songs for no rhyme or reason?
Typically means the file is not where iTunes thinks it is, and therefore, cannot be found.

Comment

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The exclamation marks indicate the underlying music file can't be located. This can happen when you delete or move music files or if they're located on a drive that isn't mounted at the time you launch iTunes. Before you look for another app, why not look for resolutions to issues you're having?

Comment

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
The exclamation marks indicate the underlying music file can't be located. This can happen when you delete or move music files or if they're located on a drive that isn't mounted at the time you launch iTunes.
Or for no reason at all, lol.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.