Alternative for Siri: VoiceActivator + Vlingo & Others!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMattcotv, Dec 4, 2011.

1. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

thot id let you guys kno that if you want some decent functionality & functionality that even Siri doesnt have..

Jailbreak your iphone 4 & install VoiceActivator, hands-free & vlingo

You can create custom commands to enable all SBSetting toggles, system options (respring/power off/lock/mute/autolock/clear all apps in background etc)
    & even open websites & run any apps.. all by your voice.

It utilizes the already built in Voice control for the iphone 4, but gives it infiniti functionality.

Only bad thing is, you have to set up each and every command manually, chosing how you want to say it.

Its decently usefull when you combine voice activator with other voice activated apps, like vlingo.

You can activate vlingo by making the voiceactivator command "Open Vlingo" & have vlingo auto start upon open, so that u can immediately say "send a txt to rebecca, hey ill be there in 10"

Its come in handy for me countless amounts of times.

Another great use for this actually for me is the integration with Hands-Free control.

Ive been in countless situations where my phone hasnt been in reach & its being called. This includes when its docked in my car (im a beginner so i cant focus quite well with button presses) or if its on the tv table charging while im on the couch & an alarm is going off or is being called, all i have 2 say is say "Jarvis" - which is how u activate voice control at any given time, using Hands-Free. & i say "press the lock button" which simulates the press of the lock button, & cancels the call or alarm.

I can even put the phone on silent, or have it call them back & enable speaker mode (seperate sbsettings toggle)

If you've found any other ways 2 use stuff like voice actvator, or know of any cool apps that utilize voice recognition, please let me know!

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Tell me if I'm wrong, but with Siri you don't have to create custom commands or jailbreak. Right?

3. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I've tried them all. I used to use siri the app and dragon dictation with my iphone4. None of them come close to what siri does naturally and natively in the 4S.
    That said, make use of those now. Why not?

4. iMattcotv thread starter macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I do agree, obviously Siris functionality & native integration beats anything else.

This is for those who cant get Siri.