Alternative music player app that doesn't rely on mp3 tags?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by leeq, Apr 14, 2011.

1. leeq, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011

leeq macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'd like to know whether there exists any alternative music player app for iPhone that supports:

1. Copy the selected music folder from PC to iPhone preserving folder structures.
    - If I have "/NewMusic/David's/Gig1", I'd like to see it exactly as in the music player app, instead of sorted by genre, album, artists, etc. as in iPod app.

2. Music title simply shows the file name without using any tag information.

It might be good if it supports additional codecs or dynamic playlist creation like Cowon, but as long is the above 2 conditions are met, I'd be seriously happy.

I suppose that it might need its own iTunes-equivalent manager. I tried MediaMonkey and CopyTrans but they were simply iTunes alternative which manages music in the same way as iTunes by scrambling and mixing all songs into the library.

I need condition 1 because for me, not all songs can be simply sorted based on artist, genre, or album names. One of my many examples is when I have a compilation album, I still want to group them into a single folder under specific genre instead of assigning each artist for each track, which will unnecessarily increase the length of artists. Also, mp3 tags are occasionally incorrect and I don't want to waste time on correcting them. Often, genres are wrong.

In a single sentence, what I want is really simple: Just a simple file browser app for iPhone that allows me to browse into my music folders and play the music if I tap!

Any suggestion please?

2. leeq thread starter macrumors newbie

3. leeq thread starter macrumors newbie

4. FilipeMC macrumors newbie

OMG, Could not beleive that FilesApp together with DiskAid could make it possible to browse/sort music by folder without jailbreaking:)

Thank you so much for sharing, this is greraaaattt