Alternative software to sync music that works with iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Kargo, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Kargo macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I've been having an issue with my iPod Touch 5G for a while now, ever since upgrading to iOS 7. Every now and again, I'll try to sync a song or album through iTunes and the spinning circle icon will be displayed while the songs itself will be greyed out. I'll wait up to an hour at times but nothing, the syncing icon still showing and for one song I think you'll agree that this is too long. So i'll use the eject button on iTunes to cancel the sync session but then I'll find that if I try to play any music on the iPod, the majority of the songs will now skip and not even reach 0:01 which indicates that the library has corrupted.

Never had this issue with iOS 6 but this problem keeps on occurring and it leaves me having to restore and sync over 8,000 songs manually again (I have my iPod set to manual mode as there's lots of music I do not want on the device). I'm using Windows 7 but have tried this on three different PCs including a brand new laptop running W8 and the same thing happens every month or so. I've reinstalled iTunes completely but this has not helped.

So I want to try an iTunes alternative if possible to see if the problem still occurs. Can anyone recommend any that runs on Windows? I'm using MediaMonkey at the moment and whilst its good, I really do not like the interface and find it can be quite confusing at times. I've yet to find another piece of software that works with my iPod touch and iOS 7.

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Maybe I'm wrong but I think iExplorer can do it.

3. Kargo thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Kargo thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately iExplorer doesnt sync music to the iPod, just offers a way of retrieving media from it (which is very useful too)

Are there any others?

5. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Well there's CopyTrans for Windows, Macroplant for Mac, and PhoneTrans for Mac.

In fact, google "iPhone copy music app" and take a look at the results. There are way too many to post. :p