alternative to adobe acrobat

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chama98, May 8, 2016.

1. chama98 macrumors regular

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations as alternatives to Acrobat reader. I do edit PDF's the actual software I think is far to expensive!

Thanks.

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I like PDFpen for my PDF editing. For just reading I use Skim.

3. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I use PDFPen Pro (for last four years). Does everything I need (I had used Acrobat for years), and very satisfied.

4. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

Preview.app — it's already in your applications folder. It works quite well.

5. dwig macrumors 6502

Personally, for editing, I use Acrobat Pro on my Mac at work. For less expensive editing apps on Mac, I'll let others chime in. I've also be using Foxit Reader on Windows. There's a Mac version, but I haven't actually used it and it seems to lack a few features present on the Win version.
    https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/

My point in posting is to suggest that there is absolutely no reason for you to find an "alternative to Acrobat Reader". Reader is free and absolutely the best viewer for PDFs. It is vastly superior to Preview, which only partially supports the wide spectrum of PDF attributes. Keep Reader and add a second app for your editing needs.

6. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

In July 2014, the Internet Storm Center reported that the mobile version for iPhone was transmitting unencrypted telemetry and other data to remote servers located in China despite users attempting to opt out of such data collection.[15]