Alternative to Adobe Muse

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Mr Morrison, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Mr Morrison macrumors newbie

Hi - I have a basic website that I developed in Adobe Muse. I want to cancel my creative cloud subscription but would like to continue to maintain my site.

Any recommendations for alternative website editors that are easy to use?

Thanks

Keith

2. fde101 macrumors newbie

There are a few around - I haven't tried these, but a quick Google search turned up a few to consider:

RapidWeaver (on app store - not free, but there is apparently a free trial version on their web site)
    SeaMonkey (free - Mozilla)
    Amaya (free - W3C)

Again, I haven't tried these myself so not necessarily a recommendation, just pointing out that there are a host of them out there and they are not hard to find.

Also, there is another related thread already out there - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/adobe-muse-alternative.1899333/

3. Mr Morrison thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. I saw that post, just wondered if there was any more people with experience of jumping ship.

I'll take a look at those suggestions.

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

5. satchmo macrumors 68000

Webflow is pretty awesome...but it's subscription based as well.

That said, I'm curious to hear an honest opinon of Muse from a web developer.

I know many say the code generated is not the cleanest, but they also have a vested interest to not promote something that might make them less necessary.

6. olup macrumors 6502

I switched from Sublime Text 3 to Visual Studio Code about 3 months ago, much faster and nicer to work with.