Alternative to Apple 23-inch aluminum display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Doc69, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Doc69 macrumors 6502

I have a 23-inch aluminum Apple Cinema display that just died. I'm now looking to replace it, but I don't want a glossy screen. Since Apple doesn't offer matte displays anymore, I would appreciate if someone could recommend some monitors from other manufacturers that would be of similar quality.

Things that are important to me are viewing angle, sharpness, color accuracy, high PPI, low heat and good value. Size could be 22-27 inch.

Also, two years ago I bought two Samsung SyncMaster 245T 24" LCD Monitors for almost $700 each. I did not like them at all and ended up replacing them with two Apple 23" aluminums instead.

2. Vylen macrumors 65816

Dell, HP, NEC... Take your pick (and your price range)... Just make sure the models are the ones with IPS panels.

3. Transporteur macrumors 68030

Have a look at the NEC MultiSync EA231WMi.

Comes with a 23" IPS 1080p panel and a very nice price tag. Another good thing is that it has a DisplayPort connector besides the standard DVI.

4. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Personally I'd buy an Eizo Flexscan S2243W, which although it is *only* 22" has the same 1920x1200 resolution as the 23" ACD, and retains Eizo's excellent screen quality at a suprisingly good price. Oh, and triple inputs including a DisplayPort.

Hell, for the price I'd buy two!