Alternative to Apple headphones/remote?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PaulMoore, Nov 5, 2011.

1. PaulMoore macrumors regular

Dec 3, 2007
    I have a set of the original Apple mic/remote/headphones which came with my iPhone 4 over a year ago- can't have them replaced under Applecare since the dog chewed them- anyway, long story short: I don't think the Apple ones are great and wondered if there are others in the same $30 price range worth trying which have the remote and mic? Any suggestions gratefully received.
  2. zpbmw macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2011
    LI, NY
  3. radicalDESIGNZ macrumors member

Jan 29, 2010
    check out

they make really awesome in-ear headphones at a pretty good price, the models with P attached are the ones that have a microphone attached ;)

though im not sure they have the remote; just the mic
  4. PaulMoore thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 3, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestions- reviews on Amazon aren't that great- might just stick with the Apple ones...
  5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Jun 14, 2010
    Check ebay, OEM (supposedly) replacement earbuds w/ mic and remote are easily available for under $10 shipped. I've bought extras in the past and have been satisfied; I could not discern any difference from the originals. Here's one example: (I have no connection with the seller, this is just one of many that showed up when searching for "OEM iphone headphone mic)
  6. diane143 macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2008
    The Logitech ones look awesome! (I am so partial to blues like that) Something else to research......

Does a non-headphone remote exist? I had one for my 3g iPod (Apple brand) that I'd use in the car all the time - loved it! I find the touch screens harder to operate while driving.
  7. xdbuix macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2008
    sign up for logitech's email. They have this VIP thing where you can get really nice discounts and every now and then a coupon. I got a coupon for 50% off so I didn't get those 200vis I got the 600vi's for $60 flat. :cool: