Alternative to Apples IPad Pro 9.7 Smart Cover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RecentlyConverted, Oct 15, 2017.

1. RecentlyConverted macrumors 6502a

I already have the Apple rear cover and Smart Keyboard. I am looking for an alternative to Apples IPad Pro 9.7 Smart Cover for times I don’t want to have the keyboard connected. Any good cheaper alternatives. Doesn’t have to be the same style, but I would like it to match colour wise.

2. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

I've been looking for one also. The only thing I can find that are reasonable and those that I've seen their quality are Poetic cases, Spigen, and Tucano. The Poetic case have a clear back. For the price you could switch up.

https://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Sliml...&sr=1-2&keywords=ipad+smart+cover+poetic&th=1

I was wondering if the 2017 4th gen. (9.50 x 7.31 x 0.37) cover would fit. They similar in size.
    Or any of the 9.7 sized iPads. iPad pro (9.4 x 6.6 x 0.29)
    2017 iPad (9.4 x 6.6 x 0.29)

Since you are just covering the front. You could look around stores like Staples, Marshalls, etc. for a previous model?

3. RecentlyConverted thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I am not sure about the older iPad covers. Not only does the cover need to be the same size and shape ( on the spine ) but the magnets for turning on and off the display ne d to be in the right place.

4. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

Basically you need something to cover 9.4 inches in height and 6.6 inches wide. So you could look for the iPad Air 2 and current iPad 2017 for one.

I paid $40 for my 4th Gen Apple Smart Cover during Apple's Black Friday sale a few years ago. Its now starting to wear at the hinges but not too noticeable. The Apple Air 2/Apple 2017 smart cover sells for $39 . The Apple Brand is the only one I can find. If you check local stores like Target or Marshalls you may for them, you might find it for less. The other options have the back covers attached.

I'm looking for one myself to added to my 10.5 iPad when I get it. I like that setup. Black Friday is coming up in about a month. Maybe there will be a deal on one? MacMall B&H Photo Amazon Adorama Best Buy.