Alternative to Apples LED Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by heyholetsgo, Jun 30, 2009.

1. heyholetsgo macrumors member

I really like the Apple LED Cinema Display option to plug in your Macbook(even close it), let it charge and still being able to use the display like an Desktop PC.
    (Btw: What is responsible for that feature? Solely the MiniDisplay Port?)
    But the point is that I won't pay 800 Bucks and then I'm not even able to use this display for my Xbox 360.
    So do you guys know if there is another display out there with the same features?
    Do you think there will be any 3rd party releases in the near future with HDMI/DVI connections?

THX!

2. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

There are many monitors out there, my buddy got a 23" HP with HDMI, he uses a mini DVI to DVI and a HDMI to DVI to connect, when we first plugged it in the highest resolution would shake, but we set the display Icon on the menu bar and selected progressive for that resolution, now it a sweet setup. his monitor only cosy $215. ACD are aged, and over priced, no worth the money.

3. heyholetsgo thread starter macrumors member

But I am looking for a display with the same FEATURES!
    Is that the case?

4. brentsg macrumors 68040

That does not exist.

5. brentsg macrumors 68040

You are comparing a TN panel 23" with a CCFL backlight to an H-IPS panel that's 24"... has an LED backlight... and all the features the OP listed. The 24" LED model is a fabulous display, aside from the limited connectivity.

6. will0407 macrumors 6502a

There are no other displays on the market that charge your Apple laptop at the same time.