General Alternative to Backgrounder?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Luis2004, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I'm looking for an app that will allow me to keep apps running in the background.... Backgrounder threw me into safe mode.
    Is there a good alternative out there?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

What exactly are you trying to background? You looking to just straight up keep something active permanently in the bam ground? I ask because r-plus, the dev of swipeshiftcarot, has a new tweak coming out called InfinityTask which will remove the stock Apple limit for 3rd party app background privileges. For example, if you are downloading a file with Dolphin or maybe downloading a podcast, well after the time limit expires (I think it's either 10 or 15 mins) the download will be terminated. With this new tweak, that limit is now removed. I'm looking forward to this tweak to say the least. Should be a really useful tweak for many people.

3. jurrel macrumors newbie

Download and install Remove Background. After installation, click on the RemoveBG icon, then add the apps that you want to keep running the background under the "exceptions" tab. Hope that helps.

4. Luis2004 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, something like that...

I actually just read about a tweak called Insomnia. Going to check it out...

5. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

That just keeps wifi from disconnecting.

6. Luis2004 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The description says "allows applications to continue to run AND wifi to stay on".....

Maybe they updated it to keep apps running.