Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
Basically i hate my cable company's customer service. So I decided to switch to satellite, but they're pricey, (setup fees) and wanted to know if i had any other options, that i might be unaware of.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Theres Verizon FiOS if you live in one of the areas they have it available.

I wish I had FiOS....our cable internet in this crappy little town is basically dial-up over cable lines.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Even Verizon FIOS sucks as well. You don't have much choice as far as non-network television goes. Nor for broadband internet. Just pick the one that's gonna screw you in the ass the least.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Huh. My satellite provider didn't charge me for installation. Got one DVR box, and one regular box, and the dish all installed for $50 that was then deducted off my first month's payment.

Did you ask if the satellite company is running any specials at the moment?

MacProGuy

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
Raven VII said:
Even Verizon FIOS sucks as well. You don't have much choice as far as non-network television goes. Nor for broadband internet. Just pick the one that's gonna screw you in the ass the least.

Um, just wondering how Verizon FIOS sucks...

30MB/S download for $34 a month, with free equipment?

What planet do you live on that Verizon FIOS sucks?

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
mashinhead said:
Basically i hate my cable company's customer service. So I decided to switch to satellite, but they're pricey, (setup fees) and wanted to know if i had any other options, that i might be unaware of.

I hear you on that one. My cable sucks so hard I've windburn on the back of my neck. I've gotten accustomed to the crappy picture, but I honestly wish I could just pay for the channels I actually watch and ditch the rest. What the hell am I gonna do with the Golf Channel?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.