Alternative to DropDAV

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by franmatt80, May 19, 2011.

1. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

Have been using DropDAV for a while, but have found it quite unreliable, and has been steadily getting worse. They've just upgraded to 2.0 for which they're now charging everyone a flat fee. I'm not against this in principle- really happy to pay for an extremely useful service like this...if it worked.

So incase it's of interest to others, have found 2 other solutions to enable iWork/ Omni integration on the iPad, both which work great for me but YMMV.

CloudDav From SMEStorage.com

https://dropdav.appspot.com/

Both have file size/ band width restrictions, bit if DropDAV just isn't cutting it for you either anymore, worth investigating.

2. tkauftheil macrumors newbie

I also had been using DropDav with dwindling success over the last few months. Their new pricing scheme is a bit rough. 5 bucks a month. And just so I can access Dropbox via webdav via the iwork apps on the ipad? Time to look at other apps.

The CloudDav (which looks to be part of the iSMEstorage app) seems to be the closest I have found as well. My question is will it allow the same seemless (or close to it) integration as DropDav did? For example, can i copy to a cloudDav address and it go to my dropbox? Or will there be a second step involved now?

Just curious. Might not have a choice anyway.

3. Longwire macrumors newbie

New to all of this....

In one of the other forums, there is mention of Quickoffice for uploading edited files to Dropbox. How does this compare to alternatives?

Also, which Quickoffice...the highend $9.99...or the free.

Just looking to upload edited .docs to the Dropbox, without the $5/mo that DropDAV planning.

Thanks to all in advance