Alternative to iPad "Music" App?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Old Muley, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

I'm really quite disappointed with the "Music" app on my iPad 2. There are enough little annoyances (odd interface, album art problems, lack of lyrics display, songs/artists/albums mismatched, etc.) that they all add up to a less than stellar user experience. Are there any alternative apps out there for playing music? I've not been able to find any on the App Store so far.

2. danny_w macrumors 601

I can't help since I don't use the music app, but I doubt very much that there is an alternative for iTunes music or that Apple would allow it in the App store. I have the exact same concern about the video app; it is missing genres, titles, or any form of organization even compared to the iPhone version. I finally found workarounds for most of my problems but the hoops you must jump through are ridiculous. we need music and video alternative Apple! Or else finish your half baked beta apps that you provide thinking that they will be adequate.

3. vsp macrumors regular

You could try Planetary. I don't always like working in it, but it does have a cool factor.

There are a few others out there.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

5. Old Muley thread starter macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

Disappointed? Yes. I expect more from THE Apple music player on my iPad.

6. jmTokyo macrumors newbie

Informative site...

I am not too sure if I could post a link here, so I do not (I'm new here.) But, I found the site titled "Seven Alternative Music Player Apps" informative so far, although it is mainly for iPhone.

7. ceedeei macrumors newbie

I use 'Groove' which fulfills my purposes very well but I don't know if it will show the lyrics.

8. esarawilliams macrumors newbie

9. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

please do, or p.m me if you don't want to i am curious :)

10. owensky macrumors member

Hi, I'm not sure if you have found anything yet but I really like "Play It". It ,ought be worth checking out. I got it when it was free for a day and I think it $0.99 now. Hope this helped.