Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmecsw

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Loving my jailbroken iphone 4, but Itunes only recognizes the phone as new,and insists on setting up as a new phone or from a previous backup.Neither option appeals to me,as I do not want to lose the jailbreak or installed jailbroken apps.At the same time, my music library is stuck on my mac, and i have no music on my iphone.anyone know a work a round to this problem?

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Loving my jailbroken iphone 4, but Itunes only recognizes the phone as new,and insists on setting up as a new phone or from a previous backup.Neither option appeals to me,as I do not want to lose the jailbreak or installed jailbroken apps.At the same time, my music library is stuck on my mac, and i have no music on my iphone.anyone know a work a round to this problem?

The choices you are referencing relate to the personal data on the phone. Setting it up as new means it will not restore your personal data from a previous backup on itunes. Setting it up from a previous backup will restore data like contacts, email configuration etc.

This will not cause you to lose the JB. If you set it up as new you can then select the Music directory and still sync your music etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.