Alternative to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chargit, Aug 19, 2010.

1. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Do you actually HAVE/USE this? Because based on the website splash screen you linked to it says "Copy your iPod content to iTunes." which means it's a way to pull stuff off your iPhone and put it on your computer or iTunes.

3. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

well I had trouble with the link working properly. Ill try to fix that. yes I am using it at this minute. it works great in my opinion. it seems so much easier than iTunes.

4. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

No thanks. I can think of 100 different things that would be better to use $25 on, than this. I have no problem with iTunes either.

5. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

hey chargit,
    What is the number one issue you have with iTunes?
    Thanks

6. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

just use it then you wont have to ask! it wont sync photos from your phone. it will replace them with whats in the designated folder. it is almost impossible for it to sync all of your apps correctly. you cant put the same music on multiple iPhones, it always wants to update. just to name a few..... and many people on this site have other complaints all you have to do is search. I havent decided if Im going to buy the version or not when my trial period is up but I just wanted to let people know in case they were interested. I am still messing with it.

also I repair phones so I back them up before I work on them just in case and when I just plugged my iPhone into touchcopy it was just a matter of seconds before it had everything backed up for me.

7. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Thanks for replying. It looks like a great alternative for people that use itunes on a PC. I use iTunes on my MBP and it works well for me now, however I would like to see apple change the interface to be more fluid and IOS like. Other than that, I like the mac version better!

8. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Nice find. I am going to give this a look over when I get home. Seems pretty cool though and is setup like iTunes so the learning curve should be low

9. MoLiva macrumors newbie

If your on a PC, Songbird is one of the best ITunes replacements out there. Too bad the Mac version is just in Beta and it's really bad. As soon as Songbird is released in its full glory for Mac it'll be replacing iTunes for me completely

Edit: Scratch that, Songbird for Mac is out of beta, gonna download it and test it out

10. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

11. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

Sharepod copies music to your ipod foar free! So you must be a fool (please don't ban me for calling someone a fool) to pay $25 for that crap.

12. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

well I agree with you I dont want to pay for it either. and no I am far from a fool! as far as crap....well we will see but initially it seems to function alot better than iTunes and your not forced to update everytime you turn around.

13. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

I just checked it out and it looks as if it is only for your music. the program I am talking about will do your apps, notes, mms, sms, music, etc..