Alternative to Magic Mouse (Bluetooth)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GustavoRamos, Aug 25, 2012.

1. GustavoRamos macrumors newbie

Hi ladies :)

I've got a 2012 13 inch MBP and now I want a good mouse to use with it. I've used the Magic Mouse on the store but it didn't feel all right. I personally wanted a mouse with real buttons and good tracking. I often see myself using the laptop on the bed or other uneven surfaces.

Can you please suggest good alternatives to the magic mouse? Ah, and they should be bluetooth, I really didn't want to waste half of my ports (heh) with the wireless transceiver.

Thanks!

-GR

2. wytwolf macrumors regular

I tried the magic mouse too and i like it for short periods of time, but extended use cause hand cramps. Also where it's touch sensitive right clicks would some times end up as 3 button clicks. I now have an orochi mouse and this seems to be much better. Like you I wanted a bluetooth mouse, another option is the bluetooth microsoft mouse (model # 5000 i believe) that seems to get good reviews.

3. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

I am pretty sure that the magic mouse is constructed with cheap materials.

4. GustavoRamos thread starter macrumors newbie

What about those usb wireless mouses with teeny tiny transceivers? Someone told here wireless mouses works better than the bluetooth ones.

I'd really like to have some programmable buttons (~2) on the mouse, and as I said, the transceiver should be small (i mean, really small :D)

Can you suggest any ?

Thanks lads =)

5. wytwolf macrumors regular

I have the VX revolution (original as last version came with the usual nano receiver) and i found it pretty good. I just wanted something with bluetooth as the MBP only has 2 USB ports. The VX has been moved to the desktop.

6. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

Just the sides with the faux-blasted aluminum.

It's actually plastic with a paint job that looks like aluminum and starts to wear off with use. Hopefully they release a newer version that solves that (aesthetics) issue.

7. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

The color comes off easily too.

8. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

That's what I said.

Did you watch Pootie Tang?

9. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

Cool movie

10. romills macrumors newbie

Magic Mouse/ Logitech User

I was a long time windows user, and I ended up buying the magic mouse first, then thought I needed a real mouse with real buttons so I went with the logitech bluetooth mouse. (http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7914LL/A?fnode=56&fs=m.productKind=mouse)
    The logitech is a good mouse and matches what you are looking for, but to be honest, I rarely use it now, and have come around to liking the magic mouse when i must use a mouse (hint.. hold with finger tips, not with palm like you do most windows mice, if you try to use it like a normal mouse, your hand will cramp. The gestures support makes this mouse great)

I only ever use either mouse on the desk, and then only when I am doing lots of click and dragging(photo editing, organizing files). Most work I find the trackpad more than adequate, and preferred (programming, web browsing). The Apple trackpad is light years ahead of the PC world (I still use a dell laptop for work, and it trackpad stinks, might as well not waste the space).

Take some time to master the trackpad, I think you will find it the best general interface out there, especially in the environment you mentioned.