Alternative to Material 6 or Jackbacks?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sunsean, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Sunsean macrumors 6502

2. Ipadm macrumors newbie

I have purchased two backs from material 6, both turned out amazing. Their custom engraving is top notch and very high res.

yes... expensive for something like a backplate, but very premium quality.

I will likely buy again in the future when next generation iphone comes out this fall

3. Sunsean thread starter macrumors 6502

Just saw your response - thanks for chiming in. Yeah, they look really cool and I love the aesthetic of the wood backing...glad to know they look good in real life too.

Unfortunately, while I could afford it, I just don't think I can justify spending $100 on a wooden back for my phone :-/ Shame that I can only find a couple companies who offer these but they are both in the same general price range. Must be a very labor intensive process, because the wood itself can't cost them that much. One 2x4 would make what, like 500 backplates??

4. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

5. Sunsean thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks - I am up on the skins too...I'm not against a skin, I use a clear full body one now - but there was something about the actual wooden backplate that really appealed to me...oh well, I guess I'll think about it for now :rolleyes: