Alternative to Peer Guradian for Vuze?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SHADO, Dec 19, 2008.

1. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

So I tried PG, but it messes with all my other applications that connect to the internet, and is just generally a hassle that I don't want to hafta deal with. The only thing I really need PG for is Vuze (Azureus). I know there is a built-in IP filter for Vuze, and I know that PG has a specific list of IP's that are known to be bad and that should be blocked. My question is this: how can I upload that information into the Azureus IP filter so I don't need PG? Is this even possible? Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Attached Files:

2. SHADO thread starter macrumors 6502a

SHADO

And I meant "Peer Guardian" lol, not Peer Guradian.

3. mcnees288 macrumors newbie

I would also like to know this information? also does anyone know if peer guardian actually works?
    I find it somewhat hard to believe that a program could do what peer guardian advertises.

4. SHADO thread starter macrumors 6502a

SHADO

No PG definitely works, but it works better than it's supposed to lol. It doesn't only block connections when downloading with Vuze or anything else, it also blocks some information from websites and stuff like that. I had it installed for a week or two and couldn't stand it. I also tried safepeer for Vuze, but that isn't supported for Vuze 4.0, so does anyone have any idea what I could do?

5. SHADO thread starter macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Anyone? I'm not sure if I could copy and paste the blocked IP's from a PG file, but if I can where might I find it?