alternative to photoshop elements?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SBik2, May 24, 2007.

1. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

i know many people think iPhoto is great( i do too) but its not advanced.. im not at cs3 level.. so i want a FREE alternative to photoshop elements because i would get it but its not universal so im not gonna jump the gun until it does become universial.. So any free alternative to Photoshop elements. any one that can the same as photoshop would be great..!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Maybe try GIMPshop, its good, but requires X11...I don't know how sophisticated your needs are, but I use a mixture of ChocoFlop and Seashore for my simple image stuff :)

3. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

one thing i would like to be able to do would be to blur everything around me (but not me)in a picture. can one of these do that.? I already have had seashore for a while but i couldnt find that.
    O and thanks for the fast reply:D

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Yes, try the Zoom Blur in ChocoFlop, having selected the stuff you want to blur :)

EDIT: This is the first time I ever did this, and was just looking around ChocoFlop to see if there was an option to satisfy your needs...and VERY quickly did this with a PhotoBooth image and quickie selection techniques, using a trackpad...[​IMG]

5. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

im using the slect polygon and im drawing around the part i dont want blurred, u go to filters then zoom blur but then it blurs the part i drew around that i dont want blurred..

any other programs? i get the blur around myself but now it just leaves the outline with the blur and now im gone!!! any other programs? or an easier way because i just cant get this.

Thanks so much psychofreak for all your help also!!