Alternative to Red Speck Candyshell for Verizon iP4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ahheck01, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

My wife is getting an iPhone 4, and the Red Speck Candyshell is the perfect case for her, but it's AT&T only. Anything that you all have seen out there that provides similar protection & function, the same color, but that works on the Verizon iPhone 4?

Thank you!

2. ggmonogram macrumors member

you can still use it, just to cut a little bit on the inner of the rubber lining nearby the mute button. if you really want to.

3. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Would that require cutting the hard plastic shell at all?

4. ggmonogram, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012

ggmonogram macrumors member

Nope, because the rubber lining is thick enough, at least thicker than the mute button, actually it requires just 1 little triangular cut only. Very easy, you can even not doing anything if you don't mind the mute button being squeezed tight.

[​IMG]

5. Prospekt macrumors regular

I have a verizon iphone and the red speck candy shell. I just bought it last week. You don't even need to cut anything out. It says ATT Exclusive because it's only sold in ATT stores and online. It'll work for Verizon

edit - i bought mine from the Speck website

6. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome, I really appreciate the feedback. Any chance you could snap a couple quality pics?

Thanks again!

7. Prospekt macrumors regular

8. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I can also confirm the red Candyshell sold at the ATT stores fits both ATT & VZW phones. I had it on my ATT 4s and then gave it to my cousin who has a VZW 4 and it fits just fine. The newer revisions of the case have an elongated hole for the switch to accommodate both models.