Alternative to the bundled earbuds w/controls?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by petethepanda, Sep 6, 2011.

1. petethepanda macrumors member

Trying to find a pair of earbuds (not in-ear) that has the full set of controls/microphone and works with the iPhone 4.

I have a couple pairs of nice headphones already, but those crappy earbuds that came bundled with the phone were great for walking around listening to podcasts when I didn't want to block out all sound around me and might have to take the occasional call. My dog saw fit to destroy them, though.

Does anybody know of alternatives? I've found a couple (including one Sony pair at Best Buy) but I can't seem to confirm that they're fully compatible with the 4.

On the other hand, would it be worth just getting another pair of the Apple ones, even though they're $30?

2. Juan A macrumors newbie

Even though you specifically said you do not want in ear headphones, I will recommend the Klipsch S4i's These headphone are fantastic for the money. The sound quality is very impressive for the price. They are close to my $400 German Maestro GMP 435 s headphones which are some of the most accurate headphones on the market. For $100 the S4i's are a steal. They are also much much better sounding that the in ear apple headphones with the mike and control. Klipsch worked with apple to make sure their headphones were fully compatible with apple devices. They work perfectly with my iphone 3gs, 6th gen nano and my 2009 MBP.

Try the out and see what you think. I do not believe you will be disappointed.