Alternative to the EOL's ACD 23"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Craigy, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Craigy macrumors 6502

Hi - I've just moved to New Zealand (Yippppie! :D) - but the supply of 23" Cinema Displays is zero :(

I need to do some colour critical design work / web and print. My own ACD 23 will take 12 weeks to get here by shipping container and I need a screen like yesterday!

So... The place Im working at has a 24" Dell which I can't seem to get a good calibration on using their spyder 2 - so I am looking for an alternative - Dell or other... Unless someone in NZ has a ACD 23" they want to sell me :)

Any recent recommendations without having to spend ACD money?

Cheers
    Craig

2. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

See if you can get a 2209WA :) That's a pretty damn good (and cheap!) screen ;)

3. Craigy thread starter macrumors 6502

That looking interesting - can't believe it can be that good for the price! - Will order one and give it a whirl. Thanks for your suggestion. :)

4. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

I just ordered one, should have it by the end of the week. I'll post a review when I get it.

5. Craigy thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess it poses the question of when the heck Apple are going to replace the 23".....

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They already did? :confused: The 24" is the new 23".

7. MrFrankly macrumors regular

I second this suggestion. The 2209WA is by far the best monitor you can get at that price level.

If you have more money to spend and want a bigger screen the NEC 2490WUXi is probably the best screen you can get.

Both are sRGB though (which is the best choice for non-print people). If you need a wider color gamut (you said you need it for print work) you're probably better of with the HP LP2475W, which is a wide-gamut screen.

8. Xenious macrumors 6502a

...but it can't be used on a Mac Pro

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yet. Wait for the new Mac Pro.