Alternative to using remove background?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Theraker007, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Theraker007 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have my share of battery issues with the iPhone 4S, I typically use remove background quite often in effort to maximize my battery life throughout the day.

I'm getting a little tired of having to double-click my home button all the time and I was wondering if there are other jailbreak apps that may perhaps close out apps completely when I'm done using them so that I don't have to do it manually.

thanks in advance

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Why don't you just let iOS work like it's supposed to? Apps in the background are not active and do not use any CPU cycles. The only thing they use is ram and they are closed whenever another application needs the ram. My 4S has amazing battery life and I don't worry about which apps are running.

3. ninjaw95 macrumors 6502

dude thats what a main feature of iOS is now. i close my apps when im done too but just enjoy it. it wont hurt battery life at all for a 4s, especially if you close them

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Why not change the activator setting to something a little easier/quicker.

5. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

multicleaner and activator

i can quit all open apps in the bqckground simply by holding down the volume button for 1 second or swiping from the right side of the status bar to the left. i do not use the home button at all. that is how i have it set up, but u can do it however you like.

6. The General macrumors 601

Check out this article. http://speirs.org/blog/2012/1/2/misconceptions-about-ios-multitasking.html

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

8. jackryan57 macrumors regular

I have my available RAM displayed on the top bar through SBSettings. That being said, if that article is true how come when my RAM gets around 20MB and my device runs slow and buggy and I open my task manager and quit all open apps my RAM shoots up to 300MB and my device runs faster and better???

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Because iOS isn't able to free up ram for itself, only applications, and it's a physiological thing.

10. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I've been using Weekiilbackground. It's a add-on in the sections/notification center on Cydia. That has a option to free memory every so x amount of minutes.

I wanted to try it out but sorta scared because of 5.1 lol. I've been killing apps from NC but haven't tried the auto one.

Attached Files: