Alternative to WeeApp for app closer?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shenan1982, Feb 3, 2012.

1. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Anyone know any good alternatives to the Wee app closer? For whatever reason it never showed up in the notification center.

I'd like a button i can just click and close everything running in the background so I don't have to manually close it all out one by one in SBSettings.

My memory runs down to like 40 mb with a few apps running (ios 5.0.1 and iPhone 4S)

2. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

3. GaMeFaNaTiC macrumors newbie

Did you enable it through the settings - notifications? I think its disabled when you first install it.

4. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Yeah I did and it didn't show up :-(

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I use Remove Background in combination with Activator. All I have to do is swipe right-to-left across the status bar and all apps are closed.

6. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I reinstalled and it worked, dunno what was up.. working now :)

7. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Good to hear it's working again :).

If you're interested, I use KillBackground. It puts a little red icon in the app switcher itself. Just double click home, push it, and all apps are gone. Poof.

8. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Nice recommendation, that's a good helper-app for using alongside Wee, I like it. Thanks for the advice.

9. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

Just tried it out, works great! I like that it has options to exclude specific apps from being killed.

By the way, for those who do not like the skull image in killbackground, you can find the graphic in System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app. Its named Kill-Badge@2x.png. I changed mine to a simple red x to better match it with my theme.

Attached Files:

10. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Would you mind sharing that image? Looks a LOT nicer than the skull!

11. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

The app close image is from a theme I am using (Prestige HD) that I tinted red. Unfortunately, its a paid theme so I would feel wrong giving it out. If you have purchased the theme then I would be happy to give u the image though (pm me about it).

Since I don't want to leave you completely empty handed here are a few that you can use instead. Although a couple are modded slightly by me all credit goes to Thyraz and pat947 for creating the free Suave theme and making it retina ready.

Attached Files:

12. duceduc macrumors newbie

I was searching for this one cydia app that closes all background app I had before but lose the name after I updated my firmware to 6.1. I found it. It's call 'SwitcherCleaner'. It works great. Does't add any extra icons and it's free.

I made the red badge that comes up when you view multitask. I was going to replace it with the skull using killbackground app, but will not need it anymore since I found the app I was looking for. I thought I would share it.

Attached Files: