Alternative to Wireless Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by legaleye3000, Aug 18, 2008.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Is there a good alternative to the bluetooth might mouse? I've gone through 3 of them because the track ball ceases to work. I've had the Genius Bar guys clean it and it works for about a day and then does the same thing.

Any alternative suggestions would be great. Thanks!

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Kidnap the Genius Bar guy and keep him in a cage next to your desk, that way you'll have on-site Apple support 24/7.

3. drfp25 macrumors member

I'm also looking for an alternate mouse, but mainly because the mighty mouse is incredibly uncomfortable to use for long periods of time and not great for gaming

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not Bluetooth, but it has the smallest USB receiver on the market. Great battery life, very accurate, 5 programmable buttons, super-fast scroll wheel... and zero maintenance or trackball issues!

Logitech VX Nano

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Or you could try a MS mouse. Logitech is pretty good tho,

6. StvRndy macrumors member

I'm currently also looking for might mouse replacement. One of the important factor that I consider is whether the mouse will match the apple aluminum keyboard. The logitech VX and MX are really good mouse. But their style just doesn't match the apple keyboard.
    The only mouse which is wireless (bluetooth) and looks almost as nice as mighty mouse is the logitech V470. It seems that this mouse is designed for mac therefore the color really match.
    I'm not sure with its performance since I have not purchase it. Would someone who own this mouse give the review of its performance and comfortability.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you search the forums, you may find what you're looking for. There are several threads where the V470 is discussed.

8. blumie607 macrumors newbie

I bought the Kensington SlimBlade Bluetooth Trackball mouse about a month ago. It seems to work nicely so far.

(it's still a bit pricey, although there's also the SlimBlade Bluetooth Presenter mouse which is a little cheaper)...

9. haravikk macrumors 65816

I have the Logitech MX-Revolution which is a very good mouse. For me though the flywheel is a bit sensitive which can be annoying sometimes (if you nudge the mouse while watching something it will pause it!). Range and tracking are excellent, and it's got plenty of buttons for faster browsing/exposé shortcuts etc.

It only comes in black and grey that I've seen, but this fits my scheme better since my MacPro and cinema display (second monitor) are silvery, while my HDTV (main monitor) is black/grey. Really my keyboard fits the least since it's the older all-white Apple wireless keyboard, I have one of the newer ones and while I love the feel I hate that it's basically a laptop keyboard so don't use it as I need a keypad, usable arrow keys, home, page-up/down keys etc., while obviously Apple thinks I should not =/

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Logitech just announced the V550 Nano, which looks like it will more closely match the looks of the MM. One more option to consider.

Attached Files:

11. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, I know it's not a bluetooth mouse. The OP asked for "a good alternative to the bluetooth might mouse". The MX Revolution isn't bluetooth, either.

13. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I wasn't refering to your suggestion. I was telling the OP that the MX Revolution isn't a bluetooth mouse, but they have a bluetooth version that you can get with a keyboard bundle. Please don't get mad at me:eek:.

Don

14. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I misunderstood your post (not enough coffee yet), but I wasn't mad, anyway! :D

15. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

Logitech has a Bluetooth MX Revolution in the Cordless Desktop MX 5500 bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo.

16. kixsand macrumors regular

kixsand

Ya...I gotta go with Dmac77 on this. I too have the MX Revolution and absolutely frickin' adore the thing! The only downside for me is that it takes up a USB port...not the end of the world though.

17. yrael macrumors newbie

Honestly, I'd go with razer, http://www.razerzone.com/p-94-proclick-mobile.aspx . Then again, I'm nuts for having quality gaming peripherals...

Anyways, it's kind of a small thing, great to go with laptops but maybe not good if the user's got largerlarger hands. (I'm a big fan of the colors, but that's imo). Oh, and it's totally bluetooth. hooray

18. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apparently, that's the only way to get the MX Revolution with bluetooth. Hopefully, they'll offer it standalone soon. I've heard nothing but good reports about the MX Revolution, but I just don't like the shape or the feel of the mouse in my hand. It's all a matter of comfort, which is different for everyone. I hope Logitech moves quickly to offer more of its mice with bluetooth. I'm looking forward to a bluetooth VX Nano.

19. Peterjeffrey macrumors newbie

does it matter what kind of system you have when you buy a mouse?

Hey guys
    quick question: does it matter which system your using when you buy a mouse?
    i bought a GE wireless optical mouse, which worked for a couple of days, than just quit working on me. it is still on, it just does not seem to connect to the computer.
    any tips?

thanks alot

20. ppilone macrumors 6502

Logitech Software

I'm torn between the Mighty Mouse and the Logitech VX Nano - the VX Nano seems to be a better (quality) mouse but I've heard terrible things about the LCC Logitech software, while the Mighty Mouse doesn't cause any kernel panics (see LCC) the quality of the mouse/trackball doesn't sound great.

Anybody have any suggestions about LCC?

21. Rs8dude macrumors newbie

The best wireless mouse for mac, IMO, is the

Logitech MX600 Cordless Laser Mouse

Logitech S 530 Keyboard for Mac and the mouse are $79.99 combined.
    [​IMG]