alternative to xcode

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by hoosierfan24, Oct 9, 2009.

1. hoosierfan24 macrumors member

Hey I was talking to my friend today and he said he was making and ipod app with something other than xcode and it was a lot easier and you did not have to know any types of code to do it. He said he wont tell me what program he used because he wants to get his app out first. I have an idea that he is lying is does anyone know if there is a program like the one i described or is he just lying like i figured?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It's possible to "create" an incredibly simple app purely in Interface Builder which allows drag-and-drop of visual components, but any app of any real value will require code.

3. hoosierfan24 thread starter macrumors member

ok those are great but are there any other ways you know of, cause my friend said none of those are them, but now i actually believe he has a program cause there are actually some out there

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Well, I think you can even build Xcode projects from the command line, so perhaps he is using TextEdit and Terminal.

5. JimBobBennett macrumors member

You can also get Mono libraries for the iPhone. Novel are selling it for a whole heap of cash. I'd be tempted as by day I'm a C# programmer, but it costs way too much.