Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

88 King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
London, UK
Can someone please suggest to me some alternative apps to Pulse News?

The problem with IOS version of Pulse is that I cannot hide stories I have already read which is a deal breaker for me. There is also some problems like cannot make tile size smaller and have dark article background.

Many thanks

badtzwang

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
Can someone please suggest to me some alternative apps to Pulse News?

The problem with IOS version of Pulse is that I cannot hide stories I have already read which is a deal breaker for me. There is also some problems like cannot make tile size smaller and have dark article background.

Many thanks

Flipboard. It serves the same purpose as Pulse (aggregates different RSS feeds), but does it in a more visually appealing way (think: Magazine layout). Flipboard in my opinion is a much more superior app.

88 King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
London, UK
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm currently trying out Flipboard, Zite and Reeder to see which one suit my habit the best.

TheAppleSource

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
United Kingdom
Personally I find Flipboard to be one of the most complete apps on the app store, both for iPad and iPhone.

You've also written that you're trying out Reeder, which is also an excellent app.

Between those two, anyone's news needs should be able to be dealt with :)

88 King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
London, UK
You could also try Currents or News 360

I tried News 360 before, but it is not really geared for UK related news, and you can not pre-download stories. I still prefer the simple layout of Pulse, it is a shame you can not hide the stories you read, the same for both Flipboard and Zite must be an IOS thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.