Alternatives apps for Pulse News?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 88 King, Mar 21, 2012.

1. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

Can someone please suggest to me some alternative apps to Pulse News?

The problem with IOS version of Pulse is that I cannot hide stories I have already read which is a deal breaker for me. There is also some problems like cannot make tile size smaller and have dark article background.

Many thanks

2. badtzwang macrumors regular

Flipboard. It serves the same purpose as Pulse (aggregates different RSS feeds), but does it in a more visually appealing way (think: Magazine layout). Flipboard in my opinion is a much more superior app.

3. 88 King thread starter macrumors 6502

88 King

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm currently trying out Flipboard, Zite and Reeder to see which one suit my habit the best.

4. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Personally I find Flipboard to be one of the most complete apps on the app store, both for iPad and iPhone.

You've also written that you're trying out Reeder, which is also an excellent app.

Between those two, anyone's news needs should be able to be dealt with :)

5. tonyz3 macrumors newbie

6. 88 King thread starter macrumors 6502

88 King

I tried News 360 before, but it is not really geared for UK related news, and you can not pre-download stories. I still prefer the simple layout of Pulse, it is a shame you can not hide the stories you read, the same for both Flipboard and Zite must be an IOS thing.