Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwikdeth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2003
Tempe, AZ
Hey All,

Well now that the new machines are out, Im wondering, is there any alternatives for getting a CTO Macbook pro outside of the Apple store online?
the sales tax rate for my zipcode is ridiculous and Im not terribly interested in paying close to $300 extra on top of the i7 upgrade premium just in sales tax.

thanks,

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento
Powermax will do it, as well as smalldog.

They usually charge shipping.

does macmall, macconnection or expercom charge tax to AZ? they will probably stock the i7 model when they can get some.

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento

delux246

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Los Angeles
when I buy cto, I have them ship it to my uncle in Oregon where there is no tax and he ships it to me overnight. Its way cheeper then paying CA sales tax.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I've bought a couple computers from B&H; they don't let you do custom configurations, but they do have a number of custom configurations they configured (non-standard channel configurations) that you can buy; they'll probably gauge what they think most customers want and sell those; plus you could also way and they can custom upgrade your computer before sending it to you. They are very competent if you're wondering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.