Alternatives to Apple Glossy Screens?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Notaclone, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Notaclone macrumors newbie

I would like a 'green' LED with the color quality and viewing range of the Apple 24" display, but with a traditional matte screen built in. I tried adding a matte cover to the Apple, but that comes with it's own literal headaches, so I'm waiving the while flag. Any recommendations?
    Funny:
    I tried a Viewsonic LED a few years ago, and that was really gruesome; the viewing angle was so narrow that sitting directly in front, the left side was red, and right, blue. Lurid color too.
    Interesting:
    I hooked up to my Sony 32" HDTV 720p, and the default color was so perfect that there was no adjustment needed in Calibration. Wow. Tempting. VGA Video image often frozen when waking from sleep via bluetooth keyboard. Hmmmph.

2. kolax macrumors G3

I really wish Apple still made the 23" Cinema Display. I love that bad boy. The silver enclosure and matte screen.

I'd be happy if they brought out a 24" anti-glare version of the ACD. I think they really ought to.. their current line of displays is crap. A glassy only 24" and a 30".

They should bring out a 21.5" in matte and glassy, 24" in matte and glassy and 30" in matte with a slightly lower price.

I'd probably invest in a 21.5" ACD if it was matte.

3. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

4. Notaclone thread starter macrumors newbie

But sadly, that's an LCD. Plenty of those to choose from.
    I guess it ain't easy being green. :D
    Interesting gamut comparison. I don't care for a display to show a color outside a printable range (too vivid for my eyes, that Viewsonic was beastly), but it is noteworthy the Epson can print colors outside the display's range.
    Also funny to think PC users bought an Apple display when it can only be controlled via software. I don't think I saw a PC driver CD in the box!
    Nice pics of central park in the snow! Last time I set out to do that, I slipped on ice and snapped $300 worth of brand new lens off my camera. Never could the mount repaired. Now I have a teeny Nikon P5000.

5. kolax macrumors G3

All displays are LCD, it is just the backlight method that is LED. (Though we'll start to see some small sized OLED displays soon.. maybe).

6. Notaclone thread starter macrumors newbie

Mainly I just want to buy something that is environmentally kind. Of course if I toss this puppy in to the recycle bin in favor of any new display that will be silly. I would find it a good home.