Alternatives to Apple's smart Folio?

vapourtrails

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2016
What are the best alternatives to Apple's 12.9" smart Folio? In Canada the case is expensive and really not aesthetically that great. I'd prefer one with corner protection and a lower price tag. Suggestions!

feard

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
What are the best alternatives to Apple's 12.9" smart Folio? In Canada the case is expensive and really not aesthetically that great. I'd prefer one with corner protection and a lower price tag. Suggestions!
The alternatives are endless for what they are charging. Maybe a used car?

Reactions: laela and Nanotyrns

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
I think it will take a little time for good alternatives as cases need to be redesigned due to the pencil connector.

anthony13

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
I think the best alternative is going to be the Brydge option, but that’s not been released yet. They said early 2019 on the web site. I’ve had the brydge options for the previous two pro’s and they were great. I will say, I think the typing experience will never be as good as the smart folio though.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2015
I will sound a Strong word of caution here. Stay away from Cases that are not magnetically attaches like the Apple Smart Folio. Like this one below. The new iPad Pro 11” and 12.9” can easily be Bent. And once it’s stuck in a cheap plastic case you can accidentally Bend it trying to take it out.

https://www.amazon.com/JETech-11-Inch-Release-Display-Compatible/dp/B07H7L6GKD/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5Y313JCCY8J69ME43B6T

Avoid them.

Buy a $79.99 Smart Folio magnetically attached. Amazon has off brands for $25 or wait for Apples Silicone Samrt Folios $49.99

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The Apple case is expensive but still got for my 11. I went though 7 to 10 3rd party cases when I had my 10.5. Just glad Apple had such a case. Works great for me except the edges are rather sharp. I am sure others will make case for the new iPads.