Alternatives to Boxie?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Crusoe, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Crusoe macrumors regular

Since Boxie is now defunct and about to be withdrawn from the App Store, can anyone recommend an alternative?

Specifically, an iPhone app capable of Dropbox file management tasks including:

- moving files between folders
    - renaming files
    - restoring deleted file versions
    - sending files via email as attachments (not as links)

Readdle Documents can certainly do the renaming but I don't think it can do the other tasks above. Any suggestions?

2. Readdlemate Suspended

Readdlemate

Hey there! Documents 5 can do all tasks above, but not restoring deleted file versions. It's free and suports iCloud Drive and Document picker now:)

3. Crusoe thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Readdlemate, I'll take another look.

4. Ivanlau macrumors newbie

I have the exact same question. Is there any alternative that automatically syncs files from Dropbox onto your iPhone, as on a Mac? I think it is a brilliant idea to have your whole dropbox available on your phone.

5. Readdlemate Suspended

Readdlemate

Try Documents 5 https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/documents-5-fast-pdf-reader/id364901807?mt=8

Please note, your documents sync when you are on-line.

Check out our Knowledge Base with detailed instructions https://helpspot.readdle.com/en/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=172

6. Ivanlau macrumors newbie

Thanks! I was a big fan of Readdle's products. I used to jot notes with the original PDF Expert until the new version was out.
    Does Documents 5 support background synchronisation? Such that the app fetches for changes onDdropbox server and downloads the data automatically without launching the app?