Alternatives to MobileMe Interface

Discussion in 'macOS' started by moviscop, Nov 4, 2008.

1. moviscop macrumors newbie

Quick question. I subscribed for a year to MobileMe. I like the benefits of it, but the online interface is possibly the worst I have ever used. Is there any way to use a basic HTML form instead of the current one?

What are some alternatives?

2. danny_w macrumors 601

That is a very common request, esp. from users that only have access to IE6 and cannot use the MM interface. This interface is exactly what has caused Apple to lose a tremendous number of existing and potential users who cannot access it. Many users only have IE6 at the office and cannot change that by office policy. Others will want to access MM at internet cafes or at hotels while travelling and again cannot change the (almost certainly) IE6 browser. Unfortunately I know of no alternative. I agree that it is one of the worst interfaces I have ever seen, and much prefer to use mail.app, idisk, and the other desktop apps instead of the web interface.

3. moviscop thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one disappointed with the interface. I'm pretty tech savvy so when it comes to browsing, I have a handle on Firefox. Even with that said, I still have problems with MobileMe displaying bad information and the delete button deleting all messages in my inbox. Honestly, you would think Mac could do as well as Gmail.

4. Mercellus macrumors regular

I would also like to see Apple introduce a "basic functionality" or "backwards compatible" mode for the MobileMe web interface.

While it doesn't bother me much personally because I only use MobileMe on my iPhone 3G and my MacBook Pro (so I'm using the built in applications on both and just syncing to the "cloud"), I know a lot of people who would love to see such functionality due to the browsers they have to use at work (Internet Explorer 6 comes to mind here).