Alternatives to PC Software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MagicUK, May 12, 2007.

1. MagicUK macrumors regular

MagicUK

Okay this topic is yg17's fault as he was helpful enough to suggest an alternative to MSN Messenger :)

Okay I am looking for software that I can use to replace the following;

1) eWallet Pro - Password, Serial Number, Credit card etc management software.
    2) Microsoft Money
    3) Norton Save & Restore - Backup and restore software.

I don't mind paying for software if it does what it says and the support is reliable but obviously free software is also an option. The big problem area is Microsoft Money. I use this a lot, and need something that allows me to track my normal bank accounts, aswell as my stock portfolio. Also because I am somewhat of a slacker when it comes when it comes to money management I would also like something that can connect to my bank and automatically download my statements.

I look forward t hearing your suggestions.

Thanks
    Mark

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Intuit makes an OS X version of Quicken, that would replace MS Money. Right now it's only $59.99 and there is a 60-day free trial.

It even has a "QuickEntry Widget to quickly enter expenses. Simply click the QuickEntry Widget in your Dashboard, enter the amount, and it'll be automatically recorded."

[​IMG]

Excellent use of Dashboard.

3. MagicUK thread starter macrumors regular

MagicUK

For what reason I don't know but Quicken is not available in the UK any longer, and I need something that working in £'s.