Alternatives to sbsettings/activator?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nwmtnbiker, May 21, 2012.

1. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Thinking of kicking those to the curb. Any suggestions? I was looking at omnistat… Thanks!

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

NCSettings is an excellent SBSettings alternative. Just switched to it last week and have no plans of going back!

3. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Thanks. Does that display wifi address and such? In process of doing a restore right now...

4. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Unfortunately no, it's very minimalist. :/ You'd have to go to your actual settings for that stuff. It's great if all you're looking is a wealth of toggles. It's pretty stable as well, even the flashlight toggle is better than Springflash's

5. jer9542 macrumors member

+1

NCSettings is really a great alternative. I used SBSettings since it was first released. Recently (and by that I mean like 2-3 months ago) I switched to NCSettings for toggles.

-Cleaner look
    -Perfect integration with Notification Center
    -More options for toggles

You won't be upset.

6. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

What about Activator that makes you want to dump it?

I use it and have not experienced any noticeable issues thus far. Just curious.

7. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Yup these are pretty much the reasons I switched. It's more intuitive and definitely feels more modern and flows with iOS quite well.

Just updated my phone to iOS 5.1.1 in preparation for the jailbreak sometime this week though, so I had to say byebye for now! I'll miss it P:

8. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

I usually give it a couple of weeks (fix out any bugs + make sure all apps/tweaks become fully compatible) before I update to a new JB.

5.0.1 is working fine so no rush for me. Just my own personal preference.

9. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I've been watching people test tweaks on 5.1.1 and it doesn't seem like anything's changed from 5.1. (I was on 5.1) If I were on 5.0.1 I wouldn't update at all, haha. I just prefer to jailbreak over a clean install instead of untethering my already tethered jailbreak. :D

10. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

NCSettings is a fine alternative, I switched from SBSettings last week and I am never going back. Activator I never use so I un-installed it from the get go.

11. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Doesn't look like I'll be dumping Activator. It installs exactly the same installs as Barrel, ColorKeyboard, PhoneCloser & Springtomize2. And those are "Mobile Substrate, Preference Loader & Substrate Safe Mode"...

Thanks everyone for all the replies I will be definitely loading up NCSettings and checking it out!

12. JohnRocks macrumors member

Before I was on SBSettings but I just hated the way of it was off-center in NC so I uninstalled it. NCsettings is awesome and it looks part of the OS. Its fast, smooth and I like the way the toggles work with the volume etc.

13. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Any way to add some color to the NCSettings widgets?