Alternatives to sbsettings/activator?

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
NCSettings is an excellent SBSettings alternative. Just switched to it last week and have no plans of going back!

Comment

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Thanks. Does that display wifi address and such? In process of doing a restore right now...
Unfortunately no, it's very minimalist. :/ You'd have to go to your actual settings for that stuff. It's great if all you're looking is a wealth of toggles. It's pretty stable as well, even the flashlight toggle is better than Springflash's

Comment

jer9542

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
NCSettings is an excellent SBSettings alternative. Just switched to it last week and have no plans of going back!
+1

NCSettings is really a great alternative. I used SBSettings since it was first released. Recently (and by that I mean like 2-3 months ago) I switched to NCSettings for toggles.

-Cleaner look
-Perfect integration with Notification Center
-More options for toggles

You won't be upset.

Comment

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
What about Activator that makes you want to dump it?

I use it and have not experienced any noticeable issues thus far. Just curious.

Comment

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
+1

NCSettings is really a great alternative. I used SBSettings since it was first released. Recently (and by that I mean like 2-3 months ago) I switched to NCSettings for toggles.

-Cleaner look
-Perfect integration with Notification Center
-More options for toggles

You won't be upset.
Yup these are pretty much the reasons I switched. It's more intuitive and definitely feels more modern and flows with iOS quite well.

Just updated my phone to iOS 5.1.1 in preparation for the jailbreak sometime this week though, so I had to say byebye for now! I'll miss it P:

Comment

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Just updated my phone to iOS 5.1.1 in preparation for the jailbreak sometime this week though, so I had to say byebye for now! I'll miss it P:
I usually give it a couple of weeks (fix out any bugs + make sure all apps/tweaks become fully compatible) before I update to a new JB.

5.0.1 is working fine so no rush for me. Just my own personal preference.

Comment

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I usually give it a couple of weeks (fix out any bugs + make sure all apps/tweaks become fully compatible) before I update to a new JB.

5.0.1 is working fine so no rush for me. Just my own personal preference.
I've been watching people test tweaks on 5.1.1 and it doesn't seem like anything's changed from 5.1. (I was on 5.1) If I were on 5.0.1 I wouldn't update at all, haha. I just prefer to jailbreak over a clean install instead of untethering my already tethered jailbreak. :D

Comment

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
What about Activator that makes you want to dump it?

I use it and have not experienced any noticeable issues thus far. Just curious.
Doesn't look like I'll be dumping Activator. It installs exactly the same installs as Barrel, ColorKeyboard, PhoneCloser & Springtomize2. And those are "Mobile Substrate, Preference Loader & Substrate Safe Mode"...

Thanks everyone for all the replies I will be definitely loading up NCSettings and checking it out!

Comment

JohnRocks

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2010
Before I was on SBSettings but I just hated the way of it was off-center in NC so I uninstalled it. NCsettings is awesome and it looks part of the OS. Its fast, smooth and I like the way the toggles work with the volume etc.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.