Alternatives to Speck hard shell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dusanv, Aug 8, 2009.

1. dusanv macrumors 6502

I got a Speck hard shell for my 17'' unibody and I love it in all respects (beautiful, MBP doesn't run hoter, rubberized, tough) except for its weight (over 1 lb). It tips the weight of the MBP from very bearable into too heavy. Any alternatives? I'm not looking for protection from dings but just small scratches.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The Incase option has been announced via there Fall line-up page. I originally thought that I was going to let mine go naked until I could get my hands on it, I'm thinking not so much anymore. As far as I know, Speck is the only one who has one out currently.

3. dusanv thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see its weight.

4. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Seriously?.....1 pound tips the scale....

5. sdragon macrumors member

6. dusanv thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, the lid is finely balanced. Extra 0.5 lb on the lid makes it close even at small angles. I don't know, the whole laptop becomes difficult to lug with shell (I can't be described as small or weak).

7. dusanv thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the Satin. They're both the same weight.

8. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Well I have a Zagg invisibleSHIELD and love it and offers no weight at all. I feel like it protects it about the same as a hard shell for the most part. I think I drop it in either i am screwed but from scratches and dings I am pretty safe.

Just read you post again. I think you should go with an invisibleSHIELD for sure.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'm thinking that you should have purchased a different computer if the weight is that important.