Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Ok I'm really lost with Summerboard, but it just will not show any themes. with that said is there any other Aps that will allow me to change my themes?

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
make sure the themes are in /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes. They are probably installing in /var/root/library/summerboard/themes.

perm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
make sure the themes are in /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes. They are probably installing in /var/root/library/summerboard/themes.
yea thats where they are Private/var/mobile/libary/summerboard/themes

I see a bunch of themes made sure everything was set to 755 but instead of premissions my versions says (Octal)

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
There are a few theme fixes that you can download from installer. One of those may fix the problem you're having.

perm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
There are a few theme fixes that you can download from installer. One of those may fix the problem you're having.

I've DL the 113/4 theme fix and nothing it does nothing. I don't have anything in the theme area of summerboard I'm wondering if I need to restore and Re-Jailbreak my phone ,but other than summerboard themes not working it works great ( well youtubes not working either)

I've un-installed everything then loaded the Fix then summerboard (nothing)
I've checked the SSH its correct
summerboard 3.2 is active I'm on 1.1.4

Lost=Me

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
When I first jailbroke my iphone I was able to get customize working on 1.1.4 but I ran into a problem with the phone so I had to restore and rejailbreak and now I can't get it to work anymore. I had a problem with summerboard at first but now it works fine. Also my youtube wasn't working either but iLiberty+ has a utility that reflashes your EDGE, Wifi, and Bluetooth. After I did that youtube works fine although I perfer Mxtube. There are tutorials for summerboard on youtube if you haven't tried looking there.

perm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
When I first jailbroke my iphone I was able to get customize working on 1.1.4 but I ran into a problem with the phone so I had to restore and rejailbreak and now I can't get it to work anymore. I had a problem with summerboard at first but now it works fine. Also my youtube wasn't working either but iLiberty+ has a utility that reflashes your EDGE, Wifi, and Bluetooth. After I did that youtube works fine although I perfer Mxtube. There are tutorials for summerboard on youtube if you haven't tried looking there.

I'm not sure I'm lost is there a step by step method that works YouTube had like 10 different vids

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.