alternatives to Summerboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by perm, Apr 15, 2008.

1. perm macrumors newbie

Ok I'm really lost with Summerboard, but it just will not show any themes. with that said is there any other Aps that will allow me to change my themes?

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

make sure the themes are in /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes. They are probably installing in /var/root/library/summerboard/themes.

3. perm thread starter macrumors newbie

yea thats where they are Private/var/mobile/libary/summerboard/themes

I see a bunch of themes made sure everything was set to 755 but instead of premissions my versions says (Octal)

4. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

There are a few theme fixes that you can download from installer. One of those may fix the problem you're having.

5. perm thread starter macrumors newbie

I've DL the 113/4 theme fix and nothing it does nothing. I don't have anything in the theme area of summerboard I'm wondering if I need to restore and Re-Jailbreak my phone ,but other than summerboard themes not working it works great ( well youtubes not working either)

I've un-installed everything then loaded the Fix then summerboard (nothing)
    I've checked the SSH its correct
    summerboard 3.2 is active I'm on 1.1.4

Lost=Me

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

When I first jailbroke my iphone I was able to get customize working on 1.1.4 but I ran into a problem with the phone so I had to restore and rejailbreak and now I can't get it to work anymore. I had a problem with summerboard at first but now it works fine. Also my youtube wasn't working either but iLiberty+ has a utility that reflashes your EDGE, Wifi, and Bluetooth. After I did that youtube works fine although I perfer Mxtube. There are tutorials for summerboard on youtube if you haven't tried looking there.

7. perm thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure I'm lost is there a step by step method that works YouTube had like 10 different vids