Alternatives to the Apple 20" Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gibbo132, May 27, 2012.

1. gibbo132 macrumors regular

I am planning on upgrading to the 13" MBP when the new ones come out, but having had a 15" for 3 years now I can't go back to having such a small screen!
    I don't have the money to get a 27" TB display but I have been thinking about getting a used 20" cinema display off eBay.
    I have been looking at new displays on amazon as there are a few risks involved with getting a used display of eBay!
    I can't find any displays that aren't badly made or really ugly, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I have a budget of around £200 and am happy with screen sizes of upto 24". I mainly do photo works on my computer!

Thanks
    Chris

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I really wouldn't bother with the 20". Their resolution is 1680x1050 which is going to look pretty crappy next to your new MacBook Pro (assuming retina display is present)

I'd maybe look on ebay.co.uk for u2311h or u2312hm both of which are better monitors by today's standards and are available for much less than £200.

I've had good experiences with dell refurbs on ebay, I've bought a few from NRG IT's ebay store and they've always been very reliable.

3. gibbo132 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply!
    I had totally forgotten about the resolution of the screen! Since getting an iPhone and an iPad both with retina displays I don't think much of my current mbp screens!
    Those dell displays do look pretty nice! Not quote up to the design of the CD but everything is a compromise!