General AltKeyboard

Norinion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
This is Genius!

If anyone bought this already, mind telling me if it works with ColorKeyboard? or SwipeSelect? I'm assuming swipeselect won't work. Probably switch to Swipeshiftcaret. but colorkeyboard most important. Thanks in advance.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/31/altkeyboard/

Edit: I lied, wasn't able to see the comments on in Flipboard, but just read it. I'll just put the answers here if anyone is interested:

ColorKeyboard:
Kinda. The letters are perma black, so you need to use a light coloured keyboard.

SwipeSelect:
Yep, works.

First hand experience?:
Flawless. I'll attach how it looks with a different font and ColorKeyboard.

Attachments

Last edited:

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
This is Genius!

If anyone bought this already, mind telling me if it works with ColorKeyboard? or SwipeSelect? I'm assuming swipeselect won't work. Probably switch to Swipeshiftcaret. but colorkeyboard most important. Thanks in advance.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/31/altkeyboard/

Edit: I lied, wasn't able to see the comments on in Flipboard, but just read it. I'll just put the answers here if anyone is interested:

ColorKeyboard:
Kinda. The letters are perma black, so you need to use a light coloured keyboard.

SwipeSelect:
Yep, works.

First hand experience?:
Flawless. I'll attach how it looks with a different font and ColorKeyboard.
Works with SwipeSelection
Doesn't show the font accurately on ColorKeyboard, you'll have to use a lightly themed colorkeyboard to see the others.

Doesnt work with Octopus Keyboard or Touchpal either in case someone asks.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Works with SwipeSelection
Doesn't show the font accurately on ColorKeyboard, you'll have to use a lightly themed colorkeyboard to see the others.

Doesnt work with Octopus Keyboard or Touchpal either in case someone asks.
It worked for you with swipeselection? I could not get the flick mode to work without disabling it. It also would not let me select the normal alternate letters you normally get when you hold down the keys on the keyboard. Once I disabled swipeselection it worked perfectly.

EDIT: Never mind. It started doing the same thing with swipeselection disabled. I guess it just has some bugs that need to be worked out.

monderick

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
I found the opposite of showcase, unfortunately.
Regardless of install order, showcase is broken once I installed altkeyboard on iPhone 5 (6.1).

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
Regardless of install order, showcase is broken once I installed altkeyboard on iPhone 5 (6.1).
Hmm, I'm running a 4S but don't expect this to make a difference.
I'll give it a try anyway - if not now it probably will work with showcase in future update.

Norinion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
I lied. Show case doesn't work. Haha I didn't even notice. Odd

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
A3Tweaks releases another paid tweak without supporting their older tweaks... Axis received zero updates, Luna received basically nothing.

Grolubao

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Tried it, but honestly nothing beats iKeywi which I can configure the location of the keys and multiple shortcuts like smilies, etc. It's simply faster than altkeyboard

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
A3Tweaks releases another paid tweak without supporting their older tweaks... Axis received zero updates, Luna received basically nothing.
Your probably right.
Contacted the dev on this issue some time ago - never heard of him ever since. Another 0,99$ down the drain as I will not do without ShowCase.

Norinion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Your probably right.
Contacted the dev on this issue some time ago - never heard of him ever since. Another 0,99$ down the drain as I will not do without ShowCase.
Actually, although this doesn't prove much. He does respond, but he does take a while.

Attachments