alu iMac extremely slow to connect to airport; help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MrT8064, Dec 13, 2007.

1. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

Hi everyone;

ok heres the problem, i just bought an alu iMac, and when connecting to my wireless network, after starting up or coming out of standby, my iMac takes between 12-21 seconds to establish a connection.

i am not using interference robustness
    it is a Belkin router
    my MacBook Pro and iPhone have never had this problem, and connect instantly

i am running 10.4.11

please, please help

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

The same thing happens to me with my iMac which is wired to the router. I do not use the airport because it seems to get very hot... at least according to iStatPro... In any event it may not be an airport thing at all and just a waking from sleep thing... I have even set the sleeper to never to keep the hard drives running... I hate the spin up wait... sorry no help but I hope some comfort...:rolleyes:

3. MrT8064 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

nice to have a friend!

i tried fiddling with my wireless settings in my router; this solved the problem... until i restated, when the same thing happens all over again

its stupid having to wait 20 seconds for airport to connect; whats the point in having such an amazing fast computer, when you have to wait for 20 seconds before checking emails in the morning!!

I called apple, the guy didn't really know what was the problem!