Alu iMac temperatures - particularly Airport

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Peter Crowder, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Peter Crowder macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've posted about these before now but I'm still a little edgy. Here's a screenshot of iStat Pro after having used the iMac doing web surfing, using MSN, downloading a torrent and watching TV for the past 3 hours - is it normal that my Airport should be at 60*c, as it seems pretty high? It usually doesn't go below 54*c if I'm not downloading anything, incidentally. The hard drive can get up to 52*c on average, and the ambient temperature up to 30*c.

This is for a 2.4Ghz 20" Alu iMac (Early 2008).

[​IMG]

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I'd say there's nothing to worry about, those stats look perfectly normal to me, especially for after doing what you described.

3. Peter Crowder thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply!

I'm just wondering if I ought to have the Airport card checked out with an Apple Store because it's getting so hot. I think it's the Airport card which is pushing the ambient temperature up, too.

I just don't want a fryMac! :p

4. passingXstorm macrumors regular

I have the exact same iMac as you and it runs at the exact same temps. Nothing to worry about.

5. xpipe macrumors regular

Mine gets up to 60 as well. So we're either both OK, or we're both in trouble :p

6. CastrolSyntec macrumors newbie

No Worries

The iMac's Airport card can get HOT without problems. By HOT I mean around 85... Don't worry. The HDD is also normal. As the rest of the computer is warm, the heat from the other components will heat it up. :)