Alu keyboard batteries drain in a week !

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iYann, Dec 17, 2009.

1. iYann macrumors member

Hey,

Bought my wireless bluetooth aluminum keyboard the day it came out... :apple:
    But recently it's been draining battery like crazy.
    It started more than a month ago when suddenly a set of 3 AA Energizer batteries would last about a week on moderate use...
    Now I can't get more than 3-4 days before they die.
    Am thinking of rechargeable batteries... would that be powerful enough ?

I feel like this started around the time I got the MagicMouse... :confused:

Haven't found anything on this on the web...
    Out of warranty, called Apple, they said they never heard. I'm out of warranty anyway...

Also my Magic Mouse tracking is soooo slow and unresponsive... Often disconnects...
    I don't think there's too much interference... No cordless phone around just g/n wifi and my iPhone... Keyboard and mouse are 5 feet away from the Mac Mini

Anyone else experiencing any of this ?

2. uv23 macrumors 6502

When I was considering a wireless keyboard/mouse, I read the reviews on the apple store and many people have reported the same problem: keyboards lasting only a couple weeks before the batteries drained. Totally unacceptable. Needless to say, I'm still running wired.

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Mine isn't quite as bad as your keyboard, but my alu. keyboard on my Mini at home will usually last about 4-6 weeks on one set of batteries. My Logitech keyboard at work, which sees more use, usually lasts 4+ months on one set of batteries. I'm thinking of switching the Mini to a wired keyboard. I've never used the bluetooth Mighty Mouse I have (the guy I bought the Mini from threw it in), so I can't comment on its battery life.

4. iYann thread starter macrumors member

Wondering if it's hardware or software related...

5. Chris Grande macrumors regular

Chris Grande

This is a problem very much connected to the use of the Magic Mouse with the Apple Keyboard. See Apple's forums here: http://cld.ly/e5udj I used to get close to 4 months from my keyboard it's now weeks if not days!

6. iYann thread starter macrumors member

7. Chris Grande macrumors regular

Chris Grande

8. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

Since the update my battery status hasn't moved for both the BT Keyboard and the Magic Mouse.

Good job Apple.