Alu Mac HardCase?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 8theapple, Nov 14, 2008.

1. 8theapple macrumors regular

Hey everyone. I'm looking for suggestions for a hard case for my alu mac. I've seen alot of postings on the soft sacs like Incase, Applesac. Etc. When I say hardcase, I'm not looking for those snap on shells - just a hard carrying case in the essence of a sleeve for example.

Problem is that soft sacs don't really offer protection other than scratch protection.

Now I'm not looking to play football with my macbook but I would like more structural and sturdy protection. For example, if I put my macbook in my laptop backpack I don't want a text to bump into it etc. With it being Aluminum I don't want any dents or any torsional pressure etc. So I'd prefer a hard case over soft shell.

I've done some looking around and Rhinoskin seems to be the best option. But their products are for previous generations of MBs. I hope they make some cases for the new Alu book soon. Does anyone have any other suggestions.

2. danvan21 macrumors regular

Dont have any yet and i don think the ones that come out will be any good. The aluminum mac has some cool curves so i dont think a case would do it justice. I am just buying the apple sac and trying not to run into walls.

3. 8theapple thread starter macrumors regular

Jason, those Tom Bihn bags are PERFECT. Thanks so much. I'm going to order the verical brain cell which I can use horizontal as well. And they are made for the new macbook as well. Perfect, thanks again.

4. jsonli macrumors member

heh np - I have the same requirements as you.