Alu MacBook 08 Install Disks -- Help?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dybbuk, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

Would anyone with the Aluminum MacBook 08 install disks be willing to upload an ISO copy for me?

Obviously I am NOT trying to pirate anything, as I obviously own this machine (or else it wouldn't work) and just want to install iLife etc from it (I'm running Snow Leopard that I bought now). Apple wants $32 to replace these disks -- more than Snow Leopard costs. Apple replaced my MacBook before and I accidentally kept the wrong DVDs. Just trying to save a few bucks.

Thanks guys.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can look from various file hosting sites that shall remain unmentioned here.

3. chill. macrumors 6502

well, technically what you are suggesting is indeed a PIRATE copy. hopefully they don't throw you into the BAY for it

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The copy of the physical media is not the problem.

When you buy a Mac, you receive a license for Mac OS X and iLife (both one specific version, i.e. 10.5 and '08). You can install it from every media you want, including DVDs downloaded from a Torrent or what ever, legally.

If you have a Mac that shipped with Leopard however and install the system with a downloaded Snow Leopard-DVD, that's illegal as you never acquired a license for that.