alu. macbook battery help!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gamer2502, Jan 21, 2009.

1. gamer2502 macrumors regular

my alu. macbook has been through 35 cycles and it only has 96% capacity left is this normal or is this a problem and yes i calibrated the battery:apple:

2. Crash1234 macrumors regular

Mine has only been through 22 cycles and is also at 96 percent. That can't be good. I've seen the percent go down to like 98 then back up to 100 like a few hours later.. so maybe it's not too accurate.

3. 5280m macrumors member

My al macbook battery was doing the same thing. Went to the apple store and told them about it and they gave me a new battery. They said that they just wanted to make sure I was happy with my new macbook.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

96% is above what it should be, your fine, bear in mind the accuracy of the battery health monitor in the chip is +- 8%. Sometimes my battery has 106% health. It depends also what program your using to monitor it, as that also introduces further inaccuracies.

5. lavadranzer macrumors newbie

I noticed it too. It stays at 96-98% for hours. I just unplug and then it goes up after a while.

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

It's very possible you have a bad battery. I havent really seen anyone else with this but I actually had to get a replacement. My first battery was dropping a % or two everyday almost. Once it got to 85% (after a week of owning it) I said enough is enough and I went to Apple. They replaced it no questions asked when they saw my percentage, cycles, and 'remaining time' on a full charge.

My new battery is at 80 cycles and still 100%

If your not to far from Apple it might be worth the trip!

Other people here might remember but when I went they didnt have any batteries and they were willing to give me a brand new MacBook! I didnt want to risk getting one with a defect (since mine is perfect) so I said no they could send me one and started to leave the store. On my way out one of the Genius's came running out and said "We just got the batteries in!"
    So thankfully I was able to leave with a new battery. I was just amazed they were willing to give me a new computer just so I'd be happy! It was definitely a positive AppleCare experience!

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

yeah mine hasn't dropped below 100% health in the 3 months that i've had it