Alu Macbook in Max Payne Movie???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by VSMacOne, Nov 11, 2008.

1. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I can't believe nobody has noticed this (or maybe they have, I just couldn't find another post) but it appears that the NEW ALU MB found its way in the Max Payne movie with Marc Wahlberg. In the scence where the Internal Affairs detective takes Max into his office (right after Alex's funeral) there, sitting on his desk in all its glory is the new Alu MB or MB Pro. I noticed the rounded edges at first and then when the angle changes i could see the dark keys.
    This could possibly just be an MBA, but the bottom seems a little thicker.
    Has anyone else noticed this? What do you think?

2. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Wouldn't be the first time! The last time I saw an Apple computer in a movie was probably in Transformers, when the bald agent comes up to the Secretary of Defense. I think it was an Aluminum PowerBook though, in Transfomers.

My bet is on an Air though. That movie had to have been made the last two years.

3. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I saw it and it only came out a couple days after the event. I'm pretty sure I saw the touchpad and noticed no button so that would be a MacBook.

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Looking at the article on Wikipedia, filming for Max Payne began on March 2, 2008 and wrapped up by May 9, 2008. It's most likely the Macbook Air in the movie... but you never know.

5. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Apple were the main sponsors for the movie I Am Legend (Will Smith movie) :D

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I believe this topic was already made. It was concluded that it was a MacBook Air.

7. jade macrumors 6502

I thought the same thing. I decided it must have been an air, with some subtle airbrushing on the button. When I looked at the screen on my MB, it didn't look the same. But I hit my friends and was like look its my computer during the movie. :D

8. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Very possible. Do you remember where you read that?

9. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I am almost willing to bet MONEY that the new MB was ready WAYYY before May 9. I mean, think about the amount of research that they put into products before releasing them to the consumers.
    I was watching the movie online, thus did not see the image clearly.

10. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

It was in a thread here on MacRumors. I will try to look for it.

11. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

The only thread i found about the movie kinda left everything hanging... But i think most people agreed that the laptop in the movie looked thicker than an Air... The movie came out after the new MBs were launched, so it only makes sense to me that Apple would get their new products in movies right away.
    So I think it's quite possible it was the new MB/Pro... :confused:

12. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

It is, but from what others have said, then I don't know.

I'm looking for the movie online so I can see for it myself. Could you tell me where abouts in the movie was it? I really don't want to watch this movie lol.

Beginning, middle or end?

13. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It's somewhere close to the beginning... Can't remember exactly the time, but it's after Alex (his old partner) gets shot and his funeral... Hope you find it.

14. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Well I found it... I think it's safe to say its a MacBook Air based on it's thinness.

[​IMG]

15. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It looks like it from this angle, but after a few seconds, the angle is from a little higher up, and you actually see more of the side... That's where I thought it can't be an MBA... :confused:

16. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

17. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Couldn't care less about a Mac being featured in Max Payne. It was a crap film anyway. Didn't do justice to the games at all. Bah.

18. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Good for you. Thanks for letting us know. :D