Alu Macbook not sleeping when battery low!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Simon1966, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Simon1966 macrumors regular

I was trying to recharge/condition my new Macbook's battery by running it down, but when the battery gets to 0% instead of going into sleep mode it shuts down completely.
    This prevents me from leaving disconnected from the power and running the battery completely empty while it is in sleep mode as Apple recomend for optimum battery care.

There seems to be other 2 users on the apple discussion forums with the same problem but no fix.
    Anyone else having the same problem or do you know of a fix?
    I have tried resetting the SMC by removing the battery and holding the power button down for 5 seconds, but i still have the problem.

2. eqaya macrumors newbie

does it shut down OR is it entering "safe sleep mode" (which is quite similar to a complete shutdown)?

the latter seems to be a standard procedure introduced with the new macbooks or macbook pros according to these postings on the macrumors forum:

http://tinyurl.com/6xx7pt

so the macbook does not go to regular sleep mode anymore but enters immediately into "hibernate mode", "deep sleep", "safe sleep mode" or however you want to call it...